Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Post Dance Run

Couldn't stand it, I had to get out and run, even after that other thing at noon. Just had too much energy. And the legs felt good, too.

I did the same as on Sunday for the race. Just up and ran, no intervals or anything. Felt quite wonderful, even that nasty hill up 5th Street from 4th Avenue to 7th, where it's part sidewalk, part stairway. I contemplated a longer run, over along Cresent Drive and Memorial, but this was just as fun. I like that Nose Creek path, and maybe I'll explore it some more on a distance run.

Today's run:
Distance: 6.30 km. Time: 36:42. Speed: 10.3 kph.

Weather: Cloudy and 4C, with a breeze out of the south.

Something that I have been noticing that has really helped in my running is a couple of things I learned from my favorite Mouse, Nony. She showed me a couple of moves for my back that really help to keep me upright, where I can run more efficiently. Used to be I'd begin to slouch a bit on the distance runs, but now it's easier to keep my head up. And things feel so much better too.

No comments: