Saturday, March 05, 2005

Early Start, Almost to Bowness

I had another one of those nights, waking up about 3:00 and tossing and turning. I finally decided to get up about 4:30. And so I took my time doing some stretches, and having a long leisurely breakfast. And then getting dressed for a run, I was out of the house by 6:00.

Today was 16 intervals, two hours and forty minutes. Instead of the usual wandering down both sides of the river, I just went straight down to Memorial Drive and headed west. I managed to get past Shouldice Park, and just past the 16th Avenue Bridge over the river, near Bowness, then turned around and retraced my steps. Only at the last did I deviate, crossing Memorial and bounding up the stairs to Cresent Drive. Well, maybe not bounding, exactly... I'll have to count those steps some day.

Today's run:
Distance: 22.0 km. Time: 2:17:48. Speed: 9.6 kph.
Rest distance: 1.41 km. Rest time: 15:00.
Total distance: 23.4 km. Total time: 2:32:48.

Weather: Clear and 4C when I started, with the brightest stars all shining. Sunny and 6C by the end. However it dropped to 1C in the middle there. Really a beautiful morning, and it's gonna be a beautiful day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I counted those steps one time when I was on them. I seem to recall there are 13 steps per level, but can't recall how many levels there are. Maybe that will help you get it figured out.

Meant to tell you, on Wednesday night I saw the biggest jackrabbit I think I have ever seen... jackrabbit on steriods. He was huge! He was in my alley, and I was in my car, so I just drove slow behind him until he finally crossed in front of me and went into someone's yard. I am glad he didn't decide to keep going straight, because he would have wound up on 3rd Street, and I would have hated to see him get into trouble with traffic.

Nony