Saturday, March 19, 2005

After a Bad Day/Good Day

I was bad. Never fails. When someone leaves the firm, they bring in several dozen donuts on their last day and meet in the lunchroom across the hall from my office. The evil toroids begin to call me almost before they get them in the door. And because there are so many left after, they call all day. *sigh* So I had a lot of unhealthy calories to deal with.

The good day started after work. Nony convinced me to try a men's spa over on Centre Street kitty-corner from Starbucks. So I made an appointment for last night. The lovely Emma served up a glass of wine and trimmed and buffed my nails to a sparkling shine. The lovely Kellie rescued me from one of the worst haircuts I've ever had. (Serve's me right for going cheap) And the lovely Michelle shredded the tension in my back and legs with a full massage. Listen up guys: this pampering stuff is highly recommended.

So after all that, I wasn't particularly in the mood for a distance run this morning. Still, I managed to get myself out for two hours. Actually, by the eighth interval I was feeling really good, and actually ran that last few intervals below 6 min/km.

Today I tried the Nose Creek path, heading north parallel to Deerfoot Trail. Got about 300 m north of 64th Avenue, about straight west of the the control tower at the airport. Then turned around and retraced my steps.

Today's run:
Distance: 17.0 km. Time: 1:46:00. Speed: 9.6 kph.
Rest distance: 1.05 km. Rest time: 11:00.
Total distance: 18.05 km. Total time: 1:57:00.

Weather: Light snow and -13C. Rather neat out because the sun was shining through a kind of ice crystal haze. So everything had a beautiful golden glow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know, I heard those donuts calling me too... but I was able to ignore them this time... I had two last time, so that made up for it.

For a guy who didn't feel like running this morning, you certainly covered some distance!

Nony