Sunday, February 27, 2005

East Past the Zoo

Decided to go east this morning because I haven't gone that way before. The ice is still over the pedestrian underpasses, so you have to cross busy streets, but early on Sundays, it's pretty quiet, traffic-wise.

Actually, I wasn't even going to go this morning. Had another night of sleeplessness, and finally dozed off just after my alarm went off, but after an hour and a half or sleep and breakfast, I felt good enough to get out. And I'm glad I did. Not a cloud in the sky and the sunrise is absolutely glorious!

So, down Edmonton Trail, then east along Memorial Drive to the Zoo, where the path is closed because of high river levels. So, up on the overpass and toward the Zoo parking area on the north side of Memorial, which was my turn around point.

On the way back, I thought I would go north up that hill by St. George's Street (avenue?) that has some guy's name (gotta get a map someday). The path lead me to 13th Street, then Child Street (Avenue? Cresent?), which eventually got to a rather complicated intersection at 8th Avenue, which took me home.

Today's run:
Distance: 5.93 km. Time: 36:00. Speed: 9.9 kph.
Rest distance: 324.8 m. Rest time: 3:50.
Total distance: 6.25 km. Total time: 39:50.

Weather: Sunny and -6C, but it'w warming up rapidly. Gonna be a glorious day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Child Avenue, Crescent Road... you are good! Am booking the appointment with the trainer for Friday next week. Sista says "If you book it I will come." Gym of Dreams... Did you ever see that movie?