Thursday, February 10, 2005

Back On Line

Finally got my Internet connection up and running. I was beginning to feel a bit disconnected from the world.

Tonight was a good hard run, a repeat of the Cresent Drive run I did Sunday morning. It was such a good feeling day for some reason. An exuberant day. Dunno why.

But I got out on 8th Avenue and just headed west, across Edmonton Trail and Centre Street, until I got to Cresent park, then around the south end of it along the escarpment. It was a pretty night, with downtown's lights sparkling in the twilight, and the mountains sillouetted against the sunset.

Another neat part of that route is you get to look down on Sunnyside, which is a neat little neighbourhood between the bottom of the escarpment and the river. Not as neat as it was on Sunday in the snow, because the snow is now a muddy sort of slush.

Today's run:
Distance: 6.28 km. Time: 36:08.96. Speed: 10.4 kph.
Rest distance: 374.9 m. Rest time: 4:00.
Total distance: 6.65 km. Total time: 40:09.

Weather: Cloudy and 4C, very nice. Nice to be back in the warm weather.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There are TONS of bunnies in this area. A lot of them seem to be bunnies that got out of their cozy people homes and are now wild, and have had wild babies. You might see a lot of them down by the river, near Prince's Island Park. I think I even had one in my back yard on the weekend. I noticed bunny prints in the snow on my way back from the car. Coyotes hang out in the inner city, and people have complained about them in the Scotchman's Hill area, near the Stampede, because their dogs have been in danger. Whodathunkit!

A. Nony Mouse