Saturday, February 12, 2005

A Lovely Saturday Morning

Beautiful morning, and a lot of runners were out taking advantage of it. My alarm somehow got shut off, so I started out later than I had planned, but it was great. A great pace, not quite the groove pace that lasts all day, but close. And at the end I felt great.

Straight down Edmonton Trail to Memorial, then the river path west. My turn around point was 32nd Street NW. I was impressed with myself.

Came back via Cresent Drive again, because for some reason I can't stay away from that climb. I didn't take the stairs this time, just the path, but it's still pretty steep. Slowed me down some - my average speed in that interval was 8.2 kph. But then my first interval, where I ran down the long hill on Edmonton Trail, I was doing 10.4 kph. Lose it here, make it up there. It all evens out.

Today's run:
Distance: 14.0 km. Time: 85:29. Speed: 9.8 kph.
Rest distance: 861.8 m. Rest time: 9:00.
Total distance: 14.86 km. Total time: 94:29.

Weather: Cloudy and 7C. A little bit of a breeze out of the west, which was a bit uncomfortably cold for the first interval. But by the beginning of the second interval, I didn't even notice it.

No comments: