Thursday, December 23, 2004

Slow and Snowy, With Sibling

My sister Wendy is in town for a couple of days, and we've been planning to run since she decided to come. We were going to go yesterday around noon, before heading for some serious shopping, but it was -20C with a wind chill dropping that another 10C. So we figured, "naaaahhh."

Today, it's considerably warmer, so we went out this morning. Snowing big fluffy flakes, and only a little breeze.

Today's run:
Distance: 4.20 km. Time: 32:00. Speed: 7.9 kph.
Rest distance: 740.2 m. Rest time: 7:30.
Total distance: 4.93 km. Total time: 39:30.

Weather: Light snow and -3C, with a light west wind. Much, much nicer than yesterday.

Wendy runs at a slower pace than I do, and I found it challenging to stay with her. I could sure feel it in the shins, where I think I was pushing more off the ball of the foot. Usually, I don't roll forward on my ankle so much, because my forward momentum keeps me from needing to.

Still, was a good loosening up kind of run. And that wicked sprint at the end was totally surprising and not a little challenging to keep up with.

No comments: