Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Cold Adapted

This time I got a little better covering for running in the cold. I put a ball cap under the touque, which cut the wind completely. And I found a scarf to wrap around my face and to breath through. It was pretty loose weave, but it worked perfectly. I had no trouble with cold air in the throat, and even the dryness wasn't a factor, since the scarf got pretty saturated pretty quickly.

Today's run:
Distance: 4.54 km. Time: 31:36.54. Speed: 8.6 kph.
Rest distance: 638.9 m. Rest time: 7:00.
Total distance: 5.18 km. Total time: 38.37.

Weather: Partly cloudy, -17C with winds SE at 17 kph. Which kind of dogged me on my return half as I was running into it.

One minor trouble: today was the day the firm took the admin staff out for lunch, where we eat and drink as we would never be able to afford on our own. Managed it in three hours and I was stuffed. That, needless to say, had an effect on the run.

No comments: