Thursday, December 02, 2004

Calmer Day

Must have been a little calmer today, as I ran the same circuit that I've been doing the past couple of weeks at over 40 minutes. Just taking it a little slower on purpose, but then I feel it more. I think with the longer stride it's easier on the legs. With the shorter stride tonight, it felt more plodding.

I also had a more consistent run tonight. All my intervals were close to 630 to 635 m, except for that third one at 661. And I think the explanation for the third is that at the beginning of it I'm finally at the top of the hill and I can stretch out a bit.

Today's run:
Distance: 5.36 km. Time: 33:40.33. Speed: 9.5 kph.
Rest distance: 724.4 m. Rest time: 8:00.
Total distance: 6.08 km. Total time: 41:40.

Weather: Cloudy and 5C. Went with a layer less than I have been wearing, as it was a pretty nice evening. Ah, but only in Calgary: tomorrow the forecast is 9C, but by Sunday the high is forecast at -18C. Given the weatherman's record this past couple of months, I'll believe it when I see it.

And more Christmas lights are up. Probably double the number of houses on this route are now lit as there were a couple of days ago. I like the new LED lights, not very bright, but vivid and deep colours.

No comments: