Saturday, November 27, 2004

Snowy Ending

A very nice morning for a run. Everything felt good, although my legs felt used up for the first half hour or so. Then we were really warmed up and it was fun.

Took to the shale path on the outbound leg this time. I don't know if it's the shoes or just the nature of the beast, but I seem to be constantly flipping the odd stone into my shoe. I can feel then around the rim against the ankle, and from there they work their way down under the ball of my foot. Sometimes I can work them around by flexing my foot so they move under the arch, but they don't stay there.

Most of the ones I picked up today were pretty small, sand really, and only bothered me a little bit off and on, but I still had to make a couple of stops to dump them out.

Today's run:
Distance: 14.99 km. Time: 1:34:48.90. Speed: 9.5 kph.
Rest distance: 2.06 km. Rest time: 23:00.
Total distance: 17.05 km. Total time: 1:57:48.

Weather: Cloudy, -4C and NW winds at 13 kph to start; light snow, -3C and NW winds at 21 kph at the end. In fact, during the last 15 minutes wet snow was coming pretty good. Running into the wind like that, it stuck to whatever wasn't nylon on the track suit I wear. Actually felt good to get a wet blast in the face.

Now the hard part comes tonight. It's the firm's annual Christmas party and I've gotta find the energy to do some dancing and carousing. Have I used it all up or can I recoup my energy levels?

1 comment:

Shane said...

Hang in there cowboy! Find some of that expensive Lawyer Scotch and that'll get you through the night!