Thursday, November 11, 2004

Not the greatest

Just not a really good run this time, mostly because I messed up with my timing again. Somehow, I managed to stop the timer for about two minutes, which likely also stopped the distance accumulation. I stopped to let it catch up, sort of, but that probably wasn't the way to correct it either.

The other problem today is, I seem to ache all over. Mostly from the knees down. Or below the knees. Calves and feet hurt. Hope I'm not coming down with something.

Today's run: Time: 39.33. Distance: 5.48 km. Speed: 8.3 kph. But I'm sure I was over 6 km, as I got deeper into the forest than I usually get after 20 minutes.

Weather: Mainly Sunny, 10C, though the sun went down just after I started and it cooled off quite quickly.

Wildlife: Three-point whitetail buck beside Mcleod Trail, and on the way back, just coming up to the storm water ponds, a coyote crossed the path, loped into the trees and sat and watched me go by. First coyote I've seen down there for a couple of years, though I've been told there are lots down there. The owl was hooting in the Glennfield picnic area again, and a couple of minutes after encountering the coyote, I watched the tail of a whitetail deer disappear into the bush. Plus the usual assortment of chickadees and flickers looking for handouts.

No comments: