Tuesday, November 09, 2004

A Gray But Pleasant Day

The forecast was calling for wet snow this morning, but we only got rain in the south of town. Fortunately it had stopped when I got out to run.

Got back in the park today. Since I'm off this week, I can get in and out before they lock the gates, which, at this time of year, they do at 6:00 pm. I ran the path with the distances painted on the pavement, and found that those numbers agree pretty closely with my GPS, which means that I really was getting an accurate idea before of how far I was running each time I used that path.

Today's run: Time: 40:43.46. Distance: 6.15 km. Speed: 9.1 kmh.
Weather: Light Rain, 4C, actually rather nice for a run, and as I said, the rain had stopped in this part of town.

Wildlife: two Whitetail deer on the path at about a half kilometre from the parking lot on the way back. A third one was in the tall grasses just a few metres to the north.

No comments: