Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Late Again

Not really tired. Maybe a little lazy. I missed writing up the last run. Although that might not be a bad thing. Sometimes I don't have much to say.

I ran last Thursday, late in the day. A friend drove by just as I was walking up to the door, so after a quick shower we went for a coffee. After that, I just never got around to writing anything. 'Struth!

Sunday I was enjoying 2C temperatures in ankle-deep snow at the Canmore Highland Games. Well, maybe not that much snow, down in the town. It was certainly piling up on the mountains, though. So no Sunday run.

Tonight was just go home, change, go run. Although I did enjoy, and it was a little bit of a wake up just to get out for awhile.

Truth be known, my foot has been troubling me lately. I don't think it's the runners, although running probably aggravates it. There's a little bone in the ball of the foot that kinda floats there. It extents the leverage of the tendon to the big toe, to help in pushing off when walking or running. I slammed it pretty good a few years ago, and it was a couple of months before I could run. Apparently that little bone can fracture, and it can hurt quite a lot.

Anyway, that's sort of what it feels like, so I've been taking it very easy. I have decent shoes now, too, and I find that helps.

So I'll keep the running light and see what goes.

Last Thursday's run:
Distance: 10.08 km. Time: 57:04
Average speed: 5:39 min/km (10.6 kph).

Tonight;s run:
Distance: 7.20 km. Time: 40:01
Average speed: 5:33 min/km (10.8 kph).

Shoes: Asics GT-2130.

Weather: Mainly sunny and 15C

No comments: