Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Cool and Drizzly

Out late again. That's kinda how my schedule is, and will be for the next few months.

The Stairs was positively a traffic jam, with all the people running up and down, in all orientations. But I was past that quickly.

The sun was just coming out as I got to the bluff, and by the time I was across the river and on the promenade, it was bright and low. The rain was very light, just enough to spot the pavement, but with the bright backlighting it was quite lovely.

I toyed with the idea of cutting it off at 14th, but decided to continue to Crowchild. And that was good. I find lately that on the longer run, I get more into a groove. Hardly a runner's high, but the rhythm becomes natural, and the achy bits go away.

And yet, at the end, it's so nice to stop. I got some really good stretching in, and talked awhile to my neighbour, who was also just finishing a run. Gotta say, the cool off was quicker in the cold weather, but the rain at least had stopped.

Distance: 10.06. Time: 54:12
Average speed: 5:23 min/km (11.1 kph).

Shoes: Asics GT-2130.

Weather: Light rainshower and 9C.

No comments: