Sunday, September 07, 2008

Beautiful Sunday in the Fall

But it isn't really fall yet. Technically, it's still summer for a couple of weeks. And yet last Sunday I stood freezing in ankle deep snow, watching pipe and drum bands at the Canmore Highland Games. That was fun, but cold.

Anyway, this morning was lovely. Cool and overcast, so very nice for running. On The Path Under The Stairs, a pair of prairie chickens paced me for a few metres before dodging into the grass to hide.

Across the river and along the promenade, the usual troop of Chinatown elders out for their morning amble. Near the Greyhound station, I passed the crew that ran the Banff Jasper Relay. I believe most are in training for Chicago, which is only a month away.

After that, it got quiet. It was pretty early, I suppose. I did pass a few people below Spruce Cliff. At Edworthy, a few more were out, but it never really got busy.

Something loosened up a little near Extreme Bean. From there to home is about forty minutes, and I just had a ton of energy all of a sudden, and lots of speed (all being very subjective, as I noted in my last post). I had a strong finish.

Distance: 16.21. Time: 1:29:07
Average speed: 5:29 min/km. (10.9 kph)
Rest distance: 1.12 km. Rest time: 9:00.
Total distance: 17.32 km. Total time: 1:38:07.

Shoes: Asics GT-2130.

Weather: Cloudy and 7C at the start, climbing to 8C at the end.

No comments: