Thursday, September 04, 2008

About the Same

That's what it usually turns out to be, no matter how fast or slow it feels. The last run felt plodding and slow. Tonight I felt fast and loose. But over the same distance, I ran both within a few seconds.

It's all relative, I suppose.

Tummy was a little upset when I got home tonight. I wondered if I was going to get out at all. But once I was out and moving, I felt fine. Too much coffee, I think. I've been trying to keep that consumption down a little.

It was such a gorgeous evening walking home from work. By the time I changed into my running gear and got back out, the sun was behind cloud and the temperature seemed to have dropped five degrees.

But that made it nice running. I only did the 7 km loop, but felt quite good.

I've come to the conclusion that old runners are not good for every day wear. Since getting the new shoes for regular wear, the aches in the feet have lessened considerably. The Sauconys will be the first to go.

Tonight's run:
Distance: 7.20 km. Time: 39:08
Average speed: 5:26 min/km (11.0 kph).

Shoes: Asics GT-2130.

Weather: Mainly sunny and 15C

No comments: