Tuesday, September 30, 2008

But It's a Good Hurt

After my cross training adventure a couple of days ago, I wasn't sure I was going to be going too far. I planned for the 7 km loop, and stuck to it, but it wasn't all that bad.

Sure, the first kilometre or so was a little rough. Stiffness in the quads and in the glutes, and the knees were a little creaky. By the time I cross Prince's Island, it was good.

Lots of people out, and a couple of rude ones too. It takes all kinds.

Back at The Stairs, which I've been taking the first couple of flights up to The Path, there was the usual traffic jam with all the fitness groups running, jumping, going sideways, whatever. But in the mix, a young black cat, not shy at all, just picking her way up the steps, and stopping occasionally to accept a stroke or quick scratch behind the ear. Neat.

Anyway, but that time, no aches hardly at all, but the legs are still pretty much spent from the hike.

Distance: 7.13 Time: 40:29
Average speed: 5:40 min/km (10.57 kph).

Shoes: Asics GT-2130.

Weather: Sunny and 23C.

No comments: