Saturday, October 04, 2008

Saturday Morning

It's not often I go out on a Saturday, but I've only run once all week, and tomorrow I'll be heading to the Kananaskis for a hike. So I needed a loosener.

Out the door, and down the street. It took an extra minute or two for the GPS to find itself, and the fall chill was definitely in the air. I had also found my running gloves last week, but forgot to wear them, not even thinking of them until well into the run when my fingers began to feel crampy from the cold.

That didn't last long, of course, once I was good and warm. I find it takes longer to get to that point of being fully warmed up, lately. I attribute that to my increased level of fitness.

It's such a colourful time of year. When running, it's hard to shuffle through the leaves, but every step brought a satisfying crunch (to quote some cereal box from somewhere.)

Saturdays seem quiet on The Stairs, with none of the fitness groups jamming them or the surrounding paths. But there were a couple running up and down - there is always someone on it. Seems like a 24 hour thing, some days.

Nice run, lovely morning. I'm good.

Distance: 7.16 Time: 41:08
Average speed: 5:44 min/km (10.44 kph).

Shoes: Asics GT-2130.

Weather: Mostly cloudy and 6C.

No comments: