Thursday, October 30, 2008

Stairs Again

I'm beginning to like the sprint up those stairs as a finish. I wasn't going to do it this time, figuring I would reverse what I did a couple of days ago.

But anyway, I started out like I usually do, running along Crescent Road to the top of The Path and taking it down to the bottom. I weaved through traffic, runners that stopped at the bottom and then just stood in the way.

On to the path along Memorial Drive. Lovely sunset, lovely evening. A little cool, but perfect for running. I crossed at 14th again, as usual, and on the other side by the sculpture garden, I started meeting runners with bibs. I have no idea what that was about.

At the causeway to Prince's Island, at the west end of the island, I crossed over and ran along the water, just for a change. Past the River Cafe, and then back on the usual path. Not much to see, really, but it was a little bit of a change.

When I got across the foot bridge, I did plan on taking the path along the bottom of the bluff, but found myself heading for the stairs. It wasn't a total sprint. I have to admit I walked the landing that's half way up, and there wasn't a lot of bounce to my stride near the top, but I was running it.

I took the path along the bluff, all the way to 6A Street, before crossing over to Alexander Crescent and toward home.

Distance: 7.53 Time: 42:47
Average speed: 5:40 min/km (10.58 kph).

Shoes: Asics GT-2130.

Weather: Partly cloudy and 5C.

No comments: