Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Trying to Get Back to Routine

The remnants of that cold are still hanging around, but the post-run coughing fit wasn't nearly as intense as last week. I still feel some tension in the chest while I'm running, but there's definite improvement.

A good run tonight. I mixed things up some, too. I started by heading west along Cresent Road until the sharp turn, where it leaves the edge of the bluff. Very near there, a path slashes across the slope down to the paved path that curves around behind Sunnyside along the bottom.

On the paved path, I ran back toward The Stairs, and then joined my usual route across Memorial Drive and along the river.

Very nice out tonight, with warm temperatures and nary a breeze. Definitely shorts and t-shirt weather.

I crossed the river at 14th Street, then back toward the promenade and Eau Claire. By the time I reached the Jaipur Bridge, sunset was about done. It was very dark on the island, with no lights on yet. I got a little way along on the suspension bridge, and they all came on. Kind of really bright after being really dark.

I've been running up the first couple of flights of The Stairs to reach The Path and then continuing up like always. But tonight for some reason, I stuck to the stairs. I managed to run up all but the last twenty steps or so, and then only because of traffic.

It's wonderful to finally get out after a long hiatus.

Distance: 7.50 Time: 42:31
Average speed: 5:39 min/km (10.58 kph).

Shoes: Asics GT-2130.

Weather: Cloudy and 11C.

2 comments:

Alexandra said...

What a beautiful night for a run! Glasd yours was a good one too! I think we need to take advantage of these days, not many of them left!

Anonymous said...

We went for a big walk tonight... it was a beautiful night, and a lovely sunset.

I am impressed you are running those stairs...

Nony