Saturday, September 20, 2008

Too Busy?

Too much going on this week, and I just didn't get out until today. I would have waited until tomorrow to do my usual distance, but Renee invited me out for a hike, and I think I'll take her up on it. It's been a tough summer on the hiking schedule.

Anyway, it's certainly fall weather. All these leaves are all over the streets - when the heck did that happen? But the chill and the slight dampness made it a perfect running morning. The sun just up, and already this town it boppin'.

I went west again, as usual. Down the bluff and across Memorial. It's down to one lane each way as they're rebuilding the median, so traffic is backed up and there's all kinds of activity. A big crowd was blocking the foot bridge, so I took the ramp to the trail on the berm. It looked to be some kind of walking tour thing. Everyone was listening intently to one person, but I was too far away to hear.

After that, just a nice run along Memorial. Some runners out. And nothing else notable. Just a nice run. Even the crowds that have been running up and down The Stairs weren't out.

And then I was home again. Laundry awaits...

Distance: 10.21. Time: 56:50
Average speed: 5:33 min/km (10.8 kph).

Shoes: Asics GT-2130.

Weather: Sunny and 8C.

No comments: