Sunday, September 14, 2008

Indian Summer?

It seems too early for that. I remember Indian Summer as being more of an October thing.

But the leaves are beginning to turn, and they're even falling. There are already a couple of trees looking a bit naked.

I was up early, and out the door before sunrise. It was cool, and as usual I was over dressed. But only a little. I wore the SP sweatshirt over a technical tee, which actually wasn't bad for the first half of the run. And it was easy to peel and wrap the sleeves around my waist for the last half.

I used to have a pair of gloves, light and stretchy. There weren't exactly cold weather gear, but for a morning like this, they would have been perfect. I have no idea where they are, but if I could have found them I probably would have been out a lot earlier.

It wasn't real busy on the paths, but there were some people out. With the sun out like that, I would have thought there would have been a lot more.

Something kicked in on the way back from Edworthy. I found that running faster was easier, felt more comfortable. And I was running pretty fast. I had two intervals at about a 4:50 pace. Usually I'm around 5:30, and even at the start this morning, I was barely below 6:00 at one point. I love when that happens.

Distance: 16.28. Time: 1:27:09
Average speed: 5:21 min/km. (11.2 kph)
Rest distance: 799.3 m. Rest time: 9:00.
Total distance: 17.08 km. Total time: 1:36:09.

Shoes: Asics GT-2130.

Weather: Sunny and 6C at the start, climbing to 9C at the end.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That running fast thing has happened to you more than once recently... which is always good... I've been getting the same kind of workouts with the weights lately...

Hope all is well.

Nony