Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Cloudy and Wet

And I like it that way. It wasn't really raining much by the time I got out. But nice and cool.

It was a nice smooth run, and felt fast. Kind capped a pretty good day.

Normally I find being drafted a little annoying, and from what I've heard, most runners don't like it. I don't like being the drafter, either. But tonight I kinda got into it. Someone started to come up behind me across from the Science Centre. They matched my pace pretty good, but I kept waiting for whoever it was to pass. And they weren't.

Finally, near the helicopter pad, she managed to get up beside me. And pull a little ahead. At that point, I wasn't going to let her get any farther ahead of me, and kept right with her. We finally parted when I turned onto the Jaipur Bridge.

By then I had settled into a pretty brisk pace, so kept it up all the way home.

Tonight's run:
Distance: 7.45 km. Time: 38:44
Average speed: 5:11 min/km (11.5 kph).

Shoes: Asics GT-2130.

Weather: Cloudy and 9C

No comments: