Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Smoggy But Fun (Oh, and Gummy, too)

I'm feeling really good right now, and about time. The weekend was a little challenging as far as feeling good.

It was a really fun evening, and I even got a couple of hellos and some eye contact. That lifted the mood considerably, since there are still a lot of inward looking types out there. Must be the weather.

Flavour-wise, the air was a little bleah. Some of the more obnoxious exhausts seemed to hang over the running paths, often thick enough to taste. There was a breeze, but it didn't seem to have enough oomph to move the stuff.

The geese are back on the paths, too, cranky as ever. Gulls are piling up on the river, and the river is pretty much ice-free. The water level is down about a metre, if the ice shelf along the shore is any indication.

I haven't joined the ranks of iPod and MP3 users yet, but I do all right. My head can keep me going with a tune or two as I run. Last night, when I probably should have been going to bed, I was sampling a little of the 3-D animation on YouTube, and ran across this one. (Click the More link on the right for the words.) Not nearly as irritating as the damn gopher song, but it sticks the same. The beat isn't too bad to run to.

Today's run
Distance: 10.42 km. Time: 55:26.
Average speed: 11.3 kph (5:19 min/km).

Shoes: New Balance 1061.

Weather: Partly cloudy and 3C.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If I have that tune in my head the rest of the night, you will be in big trouble, my friend!

... you really need an iPod... :)

Nony