Sunday, April 27, 2008

Early and Fast

Wow, what a morning! It's stunning out with warm temps and lots of sun, and it's way, way overdue.

No word from Heather about running together, so I decided to get out early and go on my own. I think she's running in the Police Half, though I don't see her name in the list.

It was a little chilly to start, but then I was down to shorts and a t-shirt, determined to enjoy a summer-like run. Ten minutes into it, I was good.

I've missed running in the mornings. Lots of "good mornings" and smiles. People out having a good time on a sunny Sunday morning.

I did the usual route: down to the river, across Prince's Island, along the promenade and along Bow Trail to Crowchild where I crossed back to the north side. Then westward toward the foot bridge to Edworthy.

I noticed the sign on the washroom down there - "Point Mackay Washroom". That's its official name, and we're glad it's there. Some days, it's the reason the first half of my run is so fast, is when it's the goal.

Anyway, the run home was even faster today. I felt really good, even better than usual. I still feel good. I must have finally got the stretching thing down, plus goos sleep last night, and good breakfast - all of that stuff.

Distance: 16.20 km. Time: 1:24:26 Average speed: 11.5 kph. (5:26 min/km)
Rest distance: 959.0 m. Rest time: 9:00.
Total distance: 17.16 km. Total time: 1:33:26.

Shoes: New Balance 1061.

Weather: Sunny and 7C to start, ending sunny and 12C.

No comments: