Sunday, April 20, 2008

Winter Again

48 hours of snow, starting Friday morning, and it's piled up rather impressively. Gonna be an interesting commute tomorrow.

But the paths were clear, and what solar radiation reached the ground rather efficiently melted any ice and snow wasn't scraped off. There were only a fe spots where the ice made it dicey.

I didn't get to the big distance run today. In fact, I haven't been feeling all that wonderful the past few days, so I decided not to push it. No energy for a long run anyway.

Just to mix it up a little, I crossed the river at the C-Train bridge, ran down to 14th Street and crossed back, then crossed at the C-Train bridge again - a sort of figure eight loop. For fun I watched the GPS on the crossings. 14th Street is 190 metres end to end, while the C-Train bridge is only 120 metres.

It's cold, but not as cold as it looks. I was way over dressed again, although the wind added a rather rapid cooling dimension.

Today's run
Distance: 7.35 km. Time: 43:18.
Average speed: 10.2 kph (5:53 min/km).

Shoes: New Balance 1061.

Weather: Drifting snow and -8C.

No comments: