Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Winter is Over - Again!

It's all melting and slushy, but most of the paths are clear. In some places there are puddles, and some of them are big. I stomped in a big one on the 14th Street bridge, which I didn't think was as deep as it was. Big splash, and of course the stomping foot stays dry, while the wave it creates washes over the other foot as it swings forward.

After that, more slush, more puddles, but lots of dry pavement.

I finished via the Centre Street bridge again. I like Nony's Awful Little Hill and it stretches the run a little farther than The Path. Plus there's getting to be a lot of traffic on The Path, and at both ends of The Stairs, with all the bootcamp groups.

Nice run, and I even got close to dressing right for the weather. We'll be back to shorts soon.

Today's run
Distance: 7.61 km. Time: 42:47.
Average speed: 10.7 kph (5:37 min/km).

Shoes: New Balance 1061.

Weather: Drifting snow and -8C.

No comments: