Sunday, April 06, 2008

"Waiting Five Minutes More..."

A stunning morning, sunny with a light fog that burned off quickly. It would be a wonderful day for a run. I dealt with some errands all morning, and about noon, changed into running duds and headed for the reservoir.

I parked at the end of Crowchild by the rowing club again. A breeze was blowing from the east, and it had a touch of iciness to it. In the west, the mountains were disappearing behind low grey cloud.

This time I headed north through Lakeview toward the causeway, then over Glenmore and around to the dam. A little over twenty minutes and I was at the hospital. By forty minutes I was at Glenmore landing, and at fifty I was at the marina on the south side. Looking across the reservoir at these places from my starting point, I thought it would be a lot longer, but of course there's still about forty minutes of running to get back to the car.

The cool thing about spring is the wildlife waking up and coming out to check things out. Which lead to a game of chicken with a red squirrel. He was sitting on the trail munching on something, and at first I thought he'd bolt for the bush long before I got there. But he just sat there

Gotta go, I'll finish this later

=======
It's a week later, and I can't remember what I was writing. It's been a bit of a mixed up week.

My stats:
Distance: 15.63 km. Time: 1:23:51 Average speed: 11.2 kph. (5:22 min/km)
Rest distance: 912.4 m. Rest time: 9:00.
Total distance: 16.54 km. Total time: 1:32:51.

Shoes: New Balance 1061.

Weather: Pretty nice, I think.

No comments: