Friday, April 27, 2007

The Weekend is Here

Tonight was more fun than it's been for awhile. I guess I just needed to change things a little. And there were lots of runners out too. A few dog walkers, and a couple of bird walkers.

There was a couple out taking their birds for a walk. One was an African Grey, which I believe is the same breed that Nony used to have. The other was a Sulphur Crested Cockatoo, according to the results of a Google Images search. That last was a little cranky, I think. It was sure making a lot of noise.

The beginnings of leaves are popping out all over, and there's green grass everywhere. Even a few flowers.

Distance: 7.68 km. Time: 38:52 Average speed: 11.9 kph.

Shoes: Saucony Grid Phoenix (Yellow) B.

Weather: Partly cloudy and 18C.

I'll find out if I'm in the New York City Marathon in about 48 days.
The New York City Marathon is in 190 days.
The Calgary Marathon is in 71 days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, it was an African Grey that I used to have. He was very smart, and when he spoke he sounded just like me... quirks and all!

I ran on the treadmill tonight... I think I can start shooting for 5 minutes of running...

Nony