Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Snow Again??

Sheesh, but the weather in this town is fickle! We've been getting heavily snowed on for the past couple of days. It makes the place pretty until it starts to melt, and it's not fun slogging through it. But the paths are clear, mostly, so out I go.

It was so cold starting off, that I figured maybe 14th Street would be far enough. But by the time I got there, I was nicely warmed up. A slight worry at that point was that I was moving with the wind, and the return leg might get a little challenging. But it wasn't too bad at all.

No crowd out running, just a few stragglers, so that energy wasn't there, but a nice run, nonetheless. Interesting that it felt faster than it was.

Distance: 9.50 km. Time: 56:47 Average speed: 10.0 kph.

Shoes: Saucony Grid Phoenix (Yellow) B.

Weather: Light snow and -7C.

I'll find out if I'm in the New York City Marathon in about 72 days.
The New York City Marathon is in 214 days.
The Calgary Marathon is in 95 days.

No comments: