Sunday, April 15, 2007

I Really Love Sunday Runs

When it's this nice out, and there are that many people out, it's wonderful. And toward the end, I ended up with the front runners in the Chinook Half Marathon, which was interesting. They were a pretty focused bunch.

I ran the south side of the river to Edworthy again. The ice below Spruce Cliff has melted considerably, but there's still lots. The channels that have been cut through it to funnel the spring water across the path haven't seemed to have changed much. I would have thought the running water would have cut them to the pavement by now. The sanded path is pretty much all gravel as the ice layers melt, so running across the ice was no problem at all. I imagine it'll be at least a couple of weeks before it's all gone.

After crossing to the north side at Edworthy, I continued west until turn-around time, at which point I was just off the path and about two hundred metres down 13th Avenue, in the middle of the Shouldice Athletic Park. From there it was straight along the north side of the river to downtown, and the The Path Under The Stairs.

Running was such a rush this morning, and I felt very good. With only a couple of strange moments, the last few weeks have been amazing, what with all the change that's been happening for my friends and I, include a new career for me. That last has been pretty exciting, but it has cut into my running time this past week. I'll have to figure this out soon.

Today's run:
Distance: 19.94 km. Time: 1:45:33. Average speed: 11.3 kph.
Rest distance: 1.09 km. Rest time: 11:00.
Total distance: 21.04 km. Total time: 1:56:33.

Shoes: Saucony Grid Phoenix (Yellow) A.

Weather: Cloudy and 5C to start, warming slightly to 7C by the end.

I'll find out if I'm in the New York City Marathon in about 60 days.
The New York City Marathon is in 202 days.
The Calgary Marathon is in 83 days.

1 comment:

Downhillnut said...

Those riverside paths you describe are fantastic for long Sunday runs. No exhaust or street lights to be concerned with; sometimes it feels like I can just run forever.