Sunday, April 22, 2007

Too Cold?

Man, I can hardly type. My hands are a little stiff after today's run. It was probably a little too cold to go without gloves. It was a little on the chilly side this morning, but I went with shorts and a t-shirt, and my running vest. It took a couple of miles to warm up, and my hands were awfully cold until then. The rest of the first half was OK.

But it got chilly again after turning around, which, by the way was about three hundred metres down Bow Cresent. Once I got back to the river, I noticed the wind from the east more as I ran into it. And it was chilly. Some parts weren't bad, along stretches sheltered by trees. Toward the end, after I crested the bluff, even my forearms were cramping from being cold. Gotta watch that.

But a good run. And lots of people out too.

Today's run:
Distance: 22.42 km. Time: 2:03:20. Average speed: 10.9 kph.
Rest distance: 1.42 km. Rest time: 13:00.
Total distance: 23.84 km. Total time: 2:16:20.

Shoes: Saucony Grid Phoenix (Yellow) A.

Weather: Fog and 1C at the start, and only gaining another degree by the end.

I'll find out if I'm in the New York City Marathon in about 53 days.
The New York City Marathon is in 195 days.
The Calgary Marathon is in 76 days.

No comments: