Friday, April 20, 2007

This Weather is Ridiculous

Still waiting for signs of spring in terms of weather. Other symbols of spring time abound - robins, road construction, that kind of thing. But even with the driving snow, it was quite nice for running.

I haven't been out in ages, just my run last Sunday, so I really needed to get out there and go. I'm finally settling into my work and figuring a few things out, and maybe next week I can get back into the noon hour runs.

Tonight I thought I'd just do the 14th Street loop, since I haven't been out for awhile, and it's also kinda late in the day.

Just got an email from my brother. He has software for his GPS that will map out his runs on Google Earth. He sent me the data from his last run - a 10 km jaunt through Central Park. I'm jealous...

Distance: 6.15 km. Time: 37:55 Average speed: 9.7 kph.

Shoes: Saucony Grid Phoenix (Yellow) B.

Weather: Light snow and 0C.

I'll find out if I'm in the New York City Marathon in about 55 days.
The New York City Marathon is in 197 days.
The Calgary Marathon is in 78 days.

No comments: