Monday, August 29, 2005

Storm Threatening

It was kind of grey outside when I left the house,and seemed to get greyer, and darker, and colder, and windier as time went on. Bopping along the Eau Claire promenade, there was a rather startling thunderclap, and ya know it's about to get damp when that happens. But it held off until the last couple of blocks before home. Still enought to get thoroughly wet.

Passed Kim, a friend I hadn't seen since the marathon, and we exchanged "how ya doin'" She was ahead of me by about a minute in the marathon, and last year, I believe she ran under four hours. Impressive!

Tonight, I felt really loose and well stretched. Got into my long, loping stride, which I haven't used for ages, and it I felt like I was gliding. I can't be sure, but it feels as if my centre of gravity doesn't bounce so much, and I have more flexing in the knees, and because of that, or in spite of it, there's no stress on them. Just kind of a light, gliding feeling, a nice groove.

Today's run:
Distance: 8.99 km. Time: 45:24. Average speed: 11.9 kph.
Rest distance: 498.3 m. Rest time: 5:00.
Total distance: 9.49 km. Total time: 50:24

Weather: Cloudy and 13C, with a rainshower starting as I got close to home.

No comments: