Friday, August 19, 2005

Early, Early, Early

Most nights I seem to be done sleeping after five hours or so. It's been like that for at least two years, maybe more. Last night was no exception. So instead of laying there and staring into the dark until the alarm goes off, this morning I decided to get up and do something. And why not a run?

Same circuit as on Wednesday, cuz it's quick and scenic, probably more scenic at night with that huge moon close to setting in the west. I say probably since I forgot my glasses. Even so, the world had a blurry beauty, and I'm not so blind that I can't pick out the brighter stars. But next time I gotta take the glasses.

Today's run:
Distance: 4.69 km. Time: 27:00. Average speed: 10.4 kph.
Rest distance: 204.5 m. Rest time: 2:03.
Total distance: 4.90 km. Total time: 29:03.

Weather: Mainly clear and 5C. I dressed in the usual tee and shorts, but layered with a light sweat shirt and my wind pants. I suppose we'll soon have to be thinking about dressing warmer for all day. Where did the summer go?

No comments: