Sunday, August 07, 2005

Lovely Sunday Morning

Time to try some distance. Actually it was my usual route along the river bookended by Crowchild on the west and the Centre Street bridge on the east. I took Nony's Awful Little Hill at a slow easy pace.

One thing I rediscovered this morning, is that a long slow stride with a little flexing feels so effortless. This was a pace I'd fall into when I was living in the south of the city and ran in Fish Creek Park, and it always felt like I could go for miles. I didn't quite match the feeling, but it was one of the most comfortable runs I've had in a long time.

Today's run:
Distance: 12.03 km. Time: 1:07:15. Average speed: 10.7 kph.
Rest distance: 678.8 m. Rest time: 7:00.
Total distance: 12.71 km. Total time: 1:14:15.

Weather: Partly cloudy and 13C, and a little breezy. But that made it kinda nice.

No comments: