Saturday, August 16, 2008

A Couple of Days Late - Again

It's not like I'm super busy or anything. I don't feel all that lazy, either. But here I am two days after the last run.

A lovely evening, as I recall, a little on the warm side. It had been great week so far, and a run was a good way to cap the day.

I remember feeling a little sluggish, though. I was more or less OK along the river and up to The Path Under The Stairs, but The Path dragged me down significantly. I ran the whole thing though.

I find that difficult moments in a run are when I get that "what the hell was I thinking" moment, but after doing this for four years, I can draw on the past experience. I can quick;y replace the defeatist thoughts with "c'mon, I've done this before." It gets me through.

And no matter how hard it seems out on the trail, when I'm done, I know it was worth it. It's always a good run.

Distance: 10.12 km. Time: 58:40
Average speed: 5:47 min/km (10.4 kph).

Shoes: Asics GT-2130.

Weather: Sunny and 21C

No comments: