Friday, March 02, 2007

Slow Recovery

It's been a tough couple of weeks. Last week, I was totally laid up with the flu. I had an awful fever, and was pretty weak. It finally broke last weekend, but it's been slow getting better. I have this cough that doesn't want to go away.

I thought I'd try it today, and see how I did. I didn't know if the cough would stop while I ran or what. It did, mostly. I did the 14th Street loop, but with the thought that I'd see how I felt once I got to 10th Street. At 10th, things were good. After crossing the river at 14th, I was wishing I'd crossed at 10th. But by the time I passed the helicopter pad, I was more or less OK again. It wasn't a great run, with all that going on. But it was a lot better than I expected.

Distance: 7.02 km. Time: 40:01 Average speed: 10.5 kph.

Shoes: Saucony Grid Phoenix (Yellow) B.

Weather: Cloudy and 3C.

I'll find out if I'm in the New York City Marathon in about 73 days.
The New York City Marathon is in 246 days.
The Calgary Marathon is in 127 days.

No comments: