Sunday, March 18, 2007

Start It Up

I start today. Training for the big ones, that is. Today was an hour out and an hour back. It felt good mostly, though the last twenty minutes were a bit slow. But that's as it should be. And it tells me I have work to do.

I headed west on the north side of the river. It was a sort of no frills Edworthy loop, except I went all the way to the John Hextall bridge before turning around, near the Shouldice pool. I don't remember much about the run. It was pretty straight forward.

I do remember the people though. Lots of runners out, even with the grey skys and threat of snow. And lots of enthusiasm - everyone seemed so up beat. It made it a lot of fun, and the time just flew.

Today's run:
Distance: 20.59 km. Time: 1:52:05. Average speed: 11.0 kph.
Rest distance: 1.27 km. Rest time: 12:00.
Total distance: 21.86 km. Total time: 2:04:05.

Shoes: Saucony Grid Phoenix (Yellow) A.

Weather: Light snow and -1C.

I'll find out if I'm in the New York City Marathon in about 57 days.
The New York City Marathon is in 230 days.
The Calgary Marathon is in 111 days.

No comments: