Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Is It Really Spring??

Or is it just this Calgary weather that messes with us every year at this time? It really is lovely out, definitely shorts and t-shirt weather. And regardless of the weather, I've been waiting for today just to be able to get out there and run.

The cough still dogs me a bit, so I might have to give it some attention. A minor issue, as is the wet and mud that spreads here and there across the paths. With shorts, come muddy legs - it does get a bit splattery.

I ran the 14th Street loop tonight, and I have to say that late afternoon is my second favourite time to be out, after the noon hour. Lots of people are out around 5:00 and it's the same energy as the noon hour crowd.

Distance: 7.23 km. Time: 38:02 Average speed: 11.4 kph.

Shoes: Saucony Grid Phoenix (Yellow) B.

Weather: Mainly sunny and 7C, which was the conditions at the airport. At Calgary Olympic Park it was closer to 10C. The downtown river bank is probably somewhere in the middle.

I'll find out if I'm in the New York City Marathon in about 69 days.
The New York City Marathon is in 242 days.
The Calgary Marathon is in 123 days.

No comments: