Sunday, March 25, 2007

Cool Spring Run

Not as warm as yesterday, but still very much spring weather. I tried the south side of the river until Edworthy, and it's still a mess. Much of the path below Spruce Cliff is covered in ice, still, although the graveled trail through it is no longer being buried by new ice. In some places, it's wet and slippery, and occasional ankle deep puddles add to the challenge. Nothing like having cold wet feet. Or wet socks that ride around inside your shoe.

But for all of that, it was a good run. I found myself at the turnaround time within about three metres of where I ended up last week. So I'm a little slower today, since it took me ten minutes longer to get there. But hey, I'm running for distance, not speed.

I felt almost used up at the end, suggesting I'm about right on. The last half hour was a bit challenging, but I've definitely faced worse.

Today's run:
Distance: 22.02 km. Time: 2:01:54. Average speed: 10.8 kph.
Rest distance: 1.33 km. Rest time: 13:00.
Total distance: 23.35 km. Total time: 2:14:54.

Shoes: Saucony Grid Phoenix (Yellow) A.

Weather: Cloudy and 4C.

I'll find out if I'm in the New York City Marathon in about 81 days.
The New York City Marathon is in 223 days.
The Calgary Marathon is in 104 days.

No comments: