Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Low Flying Aircraft

Tonight's run was a little slower than my usual pace, but that's about where I needed to be, motion-wise. I did the Crowchild loop again. It's a great route, and almost spot on 10 km.

The snow we were warned about last night was late. We were supposed to wake up to knee deep drifts and the city at a standstill. But it held off until about 8:00 this morning. Most of it melts on contact with pavement, but it's piling nicely on lawns and gardens. The paths were wet, but not at all icy. Even the puddles weren't all that large.

Just as I was starting out, turning on to Cresent Road, the STARS ambulance went by. It was snowing pretty heavily at the time, and I suppose they needed to keep visual contact with the ground, but goodness they were low. I would estimate 200 feet above the river, as they weren't quite at eye level with me, and Cresent Road is about 150 feet above the river. Kind of a cool sight.

Distance: 10.06 km. Time: 58:33 Average speed: 10.3 kph.

Shoes: Saucony Grid Phoenix (Yellow) B.

Weather: Light snow and 1C.

I'll find out if I'm in the New York City Marathon in about 79 days.
The New York City Marathon is in 221 days.
The Calgary Marathon is in 102 days.

No comments: