Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Finding the Groove Again

Today it felt like I was running again. Not too easy, but not at all hard. Feeling really good. And the conditions were lovely, even with the wind.

I did the Crowchild loop and set a nice easy pace. I didn't bother checking the GPS for speed or elapsed time or distance, and just let myself find whatever pace felt right. It turned out a little slower than the last few runs, but I'm just out there burning calories, not trying to adhere to a strict running regimen.

As it should be.

Almost got forced off the path by a cyclist, who was looking over his shoulder for some reason. Sheesh. Way too busy out there for that kind of inattention, especially at the speeds they travel.

Distance: 9.80 km. Time: 56:41 Average speed: 10.4 kph.

Shoes: Saucony Grid Phoenix (Yellow) B.

Weather: Cloudy and 7C, but the CBC sign said 1C.

I'll find out if I'm in the New York City Marathon in about 55 days.
The New York City Marathon is in 228 days.
The Calgary Marathon is in 109 days.

No comments: