Monday, February 19, 2007

Getting Back In the Game

Another good run on the Crowchild loop, with the added bonus of a short chat with Pedals, whom I met at 10th Street. It's been a fabulous weekend for getting out for anything, let alone running.

In other news: if nothing else, I'm not afraid of commitment. I put my name in for the New York City Marathon, running November 4 (which happens to be my Dad's birthday, by the way.) Entry is by lottery and they're only taking 38,000 runners (only!) I should know by mid-May if I'm in.

And I've signed up for the Calgary Marathon, kind of as a training run for the above. So I have to start getting out there and actually running. And being serious about it. Should be fun.

Distance: 10.07 km. Time: 53:24 Average speed: 11.3 kph.

Shoes: Saucony Grid Phoenix (Yellow) B.

Weather: Cloudy and 3C.

And for fun, I present the following:
I'll find out if I'm in the New York City Marathon in about 84 days.
The New York City Marathon is in 257 days.
The Calgary Marathon is in 138 days.

No comments: