Sunday, February 04, 2007

Shoelace Issues

After almost three years of running, I've had maybe half a dozen incidents of shoelaces coming untied. Today, I had three. What's up with that??

And a guy on a bike found the icy patch coming down under the 10th Street bridge, and just about lost it. Significant for me was that he was headed straight for me at the time. I danced out of the way as best I could when I say his back wheel slipping out from under him, but he managed to recover before going all the way down, and we continued on our separate ways.

And then there was the urgency of needing to get to the washroom at Edworthy. That probably cut about twenty seconds per km from my time for the first half of the run. Except, just as I was coming up to the Edworthy parking lot, a train crept across the path. And I mean crept. It was also proabably the longest freight train ever to pass through the city. My physiology was well challenged.

Otherwise, it was a quiet run. Fun, fast, and a beautiful morning.

Today's run:
Distance: 16.29 km. Time: 1:27:39. Average speed: 11.2 kph.
Rest distance: 966.7 m. Rest time: 9:00.
Total distance: 17.26 km. Total time: 1:36:26.

Shoes: Saucony Grid Phoenix (Yellow) A.

Weather: Partly cloudy and -6C to start, climbing to -3C at the finish. And hardly any wind.

No comments: