Sunday, February 18, 2007

About Time!

I've been so busy the last couple of weeks. Between work and school and career and cold weather, I haven't been able to get out at all. Any free time seemed to be taken up by sleeping. So it's nice to have a three day weekend to just kick back and catch up.

I didn't do the usual Sunday distance run, cuz even on my weekend off, I still have stuff to do. So it was a long short run. Actually it was the usual Crowchild loop. With the warm weather, a lot of the snow is gone from the paths, but since I was out a little late in the afternoon, and since the clouds had moved in, much of the water on the paths was beginning to freeze. Very few places were there was water, but what there was, was treacherous.

It's also really breezy out, a typical chinook. A couple of the wind chimes over by the Pumphouse were actually making some noise.

It wasn't my fastest run, but it wasn't bad considering how long it's been since I've been out. And I feel quite good after.

Distance: 10.00 km. Time: 56:49 Average speed: 10.6 kph.

Shoes: Saucony Grid Phoenix (Yellow) A.

Weather: Mostly cloudy and 3C, with winds around 30 kph from the west, gusting to 45.

No comments: