Thursday, February 01, 2007

Back to Lunch Hours

It seems like ages since I've been able to get out for a lunch time run. But today, I went out as soon as I was home from some business downtown. I felt that I needed to get out as early as possible today, or I wouldn't get out at all.

With all the new snow, and the drop in temperatures, it wasn't all that bad. The Path Under The Stairs hadn't gotten any attention from the snow clearing crews, but the paths along the river were mostly cleared. Another nice thing was the wind wasn't quite as nasty as it had been yesterday. There certainly wasn't any blowing snow, and occasional white-out conditions that we were experiencing yesterday, either.

Today was a shorter run, to 14th Street. I wasn't as energetic as I have been in the last year, either, but I didn't have any trouble finishing the run. It was just a feeling of being slower than usual. The interesting thing about that feeling, is that I don't really know if I really am slower; but it feels like it.

Distance: 7.05 km. Time: 39:59 Average speed: 10.6 kph.

Shoes: Saucony Grid Phoenix (Yellow) A

Weather: Mainly sunny and -16C, although wx.ca suggests -12C. The winds are about 20 kph from the north, which puts the windchill around -24C - quite tolerable.

No comments: