Sunday, July 02, 2006

One More Distance Run

The Calgary Marathon is just a week away, so this is the last chance for a good run. I don't think I mentioned here that I signed up for the half marathon. I'm looking forward to it, especially since the long range forcast has changed from a high of 33C for that day to a high of 24C at the moment. And that high will be long after we're done. In fact I expect it to be much like today.

I met Byron at Eau Claire and we headed west. It was a fun but uneventful run, except Byron had to stop after about 13 km. I left him back by 14th Street and finished strong about fifteen minutes later. And then it was guzzle water and wait for him at the Good Earth for coffee.

I felt strong throughout the run, just the usual aches that crop up as I run, stay a little while and fade away. And a perfect day for it too. But you can tell it's the long weekend, cuz the crowds were pretty thin. The big training groups are gone, too. I imagine all those runners are tapering now for next week's marathon.

Today's run:
Distance: 13.81 km. Time: 1:18:03. Average speed: 10.6 kph.
Rest distance: 897.3 m. Rest time: 8:00
Total distance: 14.71 km. Total time: 1:26:03

Weather: Sunny and 16C at the start, rising to about 20C to finish. And hey, another severe thunderstorm watch is in effect.

No comments: