Sunday, July 16, 2006

It Just Gets Better And Better

Today was kinda wonderful out there. I didn't take to the paths right away, but had a great breakfast, then wandered down to the Starbucks with my newspaper. The coffee and the time to let breakfast settle helped to centre. And then, while I was stretching, just for fun, I did some visualization and deep breathing. I walked out the door calm, centred and ready to run.

And did I ever. I think this was one of the best runs I've done. Really calm and present, feeling strong and fast. I hope it's repeatable.

I did the usual Sunday route, down to the river and across Prince's Island, then west to Edworthy Park to cross back to the north bank. After a quick stop at the bathroom there (the reason I go that way so often) I came back eastward and up The Path Under The Stairs and homeward.

In other words, the usual. I never tire of it though. The people out there are always ready to say good morning, and it's just fun chugging along under the forest below Spruce Cliff.

Today's run:
Distance: 16.14 km. Time: 1:23:50. Average speed: 11.6 kph.
Rest distance: 1.24 km. Rest time: 9:00
Total distance: 17.38 km. Total time: 1:32:50

Weather: Sunny and 14C at the start, up to 16C by the end. A perfect sunny summer day.

No comments: