Tuesday, July 04, 2006

New Shoes

It's a hot one today, but fun. I found some new shoes at the Eau Claire Running Room the other day, where they were having a clearance sale, and got to try them out today. They are Brooks' Axiom model, a light stability shoe, which is what my Saucony's are. I found them a little stiff in the padding, though that might change as they wear a bit. And much lighter, weight-wise. The have a very different feel, yet the cushioning and support are very similar to the Saucony's. I think I like them.

Today I wanted to get a little bit of distance in, so I ran down to Crowchild and back. Lots of people out, to where there was a little congestion on parts of the paths, traffic-wise.

Right now I'm feeling my wrists. I tend to tense my hands when I run and I have to really be aware of when I'm doing that. But today, I'm kinda achy in the fingers and wrist of the right hand.

Today's run:
Distance: 8.13 km. Time: 43:48. Average speed: 11.1 kph.

Weather: Sunny and 26C - almost hot!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would say that might be a mouse related injury that you are exacerbating by clenching your fists when you run. Could you try running with your arms a little more relaxed? That might make you think to unclench your fists.

Nony

Johnny T said...

Ran across your blog - I've started training for a race as well. Stop by sometime. hope the running goes well